Who We Are
Galetech Energy Services is a multi-disciplinary renewable energy consultancy and products provider to the wind and solar industries. We provide best in class development support, technical advisory, project management & engineering services from project feasibility through to construction and operation.
We are look for an experienced candidate to join the acoustic analysis team to be based in either our Irish or UK offices. Other flexible locations will also be considered for the right candidate.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Compile noise measurements reports in accordance with BS4142 and ETSU-R-97
- Carry out noise surveys in accordance with BS4142 and ETSU-R-97
- Predict noise levels from wind turbines using the WindPro software package
- Prepare complex noise reduced operation strategies to maximize the energy yield from a wind farm
- Carry out directional analysis on wind turbines noise
- Prepare the noise specific sections of the EIAR documents
- Predict machinery noise using spread sheets
- Supporting business development activities such as preparing project proposals
- Providing technical and general support to clients and internally to other business units
- Conducting project site visits in the Ireland and the UK.
Qualifications and Experience
- A degree in acoustics or similar
- Previous experience working in the wind industry
- Strong knowledge of BS4142, ETSU-R-97, IEC 61400-11 and ISO 9613-2
- The ability to produce and review high quality reports to predefined deadlines
- The role is client facing and so must be a confident communicator with smart appearance
- Applicants must demonstrate a high level of problem solving ability and initiative
- A flexible and proactive approach to work
- Attention to detail, reliability and good organisational skills are paramount
- Driving licence valid for use in the Ireland/UK
- Strong IT skills particularly in MS Word and Excel
- Experience with wind energy yield analysis
- Language skills
- Willingness to travel internationally
Galetech Energy Services are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you.